How to add online chat?
Online chat is a messenger located on your website. It is available to all Chat2Desk customers for free.
At the moment 2 versions of online chat are available in the system simultaneously:
- a standard online chat — available in Settings > Online Chat;
- updated online chat — available in BETA version since August 2020 in section Settings > Widget+Online ChatBETA.
To place an online chat on the site you need to install a widget Chat2Desk the appropriate version — see Widget installation.
|Standart online chat
|New online chat
|Widget appearance — feedback form
|Widget appearance — chat interface
|Available in 2 themes: light and dark + basic color selection
|Selection of color scheme depending on the selected main color
|Selecting a background in the chat interface
|Color and font selection for client/operator message backing
|Chat window size selection
|Small, Medium, Large
|Sending messages from the operator to the first incoming message from the client
|1 form, not depending on chat-center status
Available in 2 different forms:
|Emoji sending by the client
|Displaying the Operator is printing in chat interface
|Displaying the chat center status (online/offline)
|Displaying the date/time of each message
|Sound notifications of new messages (with the ability to turn off in the header of the online chat)
|Graphical notifications of new messages
|Scroll to go to the last message
Standart widget settings
- Title and logo of your company in an online chat — the title and logo of your company will be displayed in an online chat only if the option Show chat header (company name, logo) is enabled.
- The option Show operator avatar in chat places the avatar near each operator message.
- Chat Background — select a built-in picture or chat background template or upload your own. If you have chosen a template, check the Tile picture checkbox.
- Automatically open chat window for visitor of desktop version — open an online chat automatically after a specified number of seconds.
- Delete empty online chats older than 1 day — if this option is enabled, dialogues from online chats where the client hasn't written anything will be deleted after 1 day.
- Fields for customer presentation form — specify here the fields that the customer can or should fill in when first contacting online chat. The information entered by the client will be displayed in the client's card. You can create fields in section Settings > General > Additional fields in the client's card.
New online chat settings
- Start chat automatically — allows you to open online chat on the site automatically without clicking on the widget — immediately when a visitor enters the site or after the specified time.
- Theme color — depending on the selected color, the color scheme of the online chat interface is automatically selected.
- Dialog creation — depending on the selected option, dialog can be created when client opens online chat window or only after first message from client is received.
If dialog is created, when client opens online chat window, you can additionally select option to delete empty chats every day.
- Chat header settings
- Chat title — displayed in the chat header along with other operators.
- Show operator userpic — allows hiding/displaying the avatar defined by the chat operator in the system.
- Show operator name — allows hiding/displaying the name and surname specified by the chat operator in the systems.
- Online/offline indicator — displays in color and text the status of the chat center as a whole, not a specific operator.
- Pre-chat surveys — this option allows you to customize the view form for the client, depending on the status of the chat center (online/offline).
You can add to the displayment form:
- Field: Name — the value entered by the user will be saved in the client card in the standard Name field.
- Field: Phone — the value entered by the user will be saved in the client card in the standard Phone field.
- Any of adjustable field in the client info card (see Client info card) — in this case, a header with the name field will be displayed on the form and the value entered by the user will be saved in the client info card into the corresponding custom field.
- Group chats on WhatsApp and Telegram
- How to create a direct link to WhatsApp account?
- Disabling read reports in WhatsApp
- How to change the bot name in Telegram?
- How to change a bot's description in Telegram?
- How to set the bot's avatar in Telegram?
- How to change the bot info in Telegram?
- How to highlight text in Telegram?
- How to highlight text in WhatsApp?