How to connect Instagram* API?
- Before start you should:
- register at Chat2Desk;
- have a Facebook* account;
- change type of your Instagram* account to Professional.
In order to change the type of Instagram* account, open Instagram* app, go to Settings > Account > Switch to Professional Account.
- Choose “Business” and connect it to your Facebook* public page/group. If you don’t have any, create one. Only the page administrator can link profile to a public page
Allow access to messages at Settings > Confidentiality > Messages section.
Login to Chat2Desk as Administrator.
Follow this link. Sign in and choose the Instagram* account you want to connect.
- Facebook* will send a request for group and public page management rights. Select the checkboxes of the desired pages and click Next.
- Set necessary permissions/rights and click Done.
- A consent window will open to allow access to the selected pages. Select a page from the drop-down list and press Submit.
- The connection confirmation window will be displayed. To finish connection contact our tech support via the widget and provide the following information:
- Instagram* Business ID;
- Instagram* Business Name;
- Access token.