WhatsApp Business API is an assistant that provides a full-fledged communication of the company with its clients with no restrictions on outgoing messages. Users often have difficulties with the connection and configuration of the WhatsApp Business API. Please read the guide through all the required steps and get ready to go straight to validation.
Steps for verification
FBM requires the creation of a private account on Facebook*. To start your work with FBM, if you don't already have an account, you'll need to complete a simple registration process.
- Follow the link: https://business .facebook.com/overview. Press Create an account.
- Fill in all the items with individual information: surname and first name, company name, email address (work). To confirm your registration, you will receive an email from FBM.
If all the actions were performed correctly, cheers! Your account is fully configured and ready to work.
- After having successfully registered, enable Two-Factor Authentication will be required to be enabled. To do this, go to Security Center and find the Two-factor authentication button.
- After setting up authentication, create a backup administrator: Security Center > Add > Add backup administrator.
Note that if there is only one administrator at the moment, the verification will not work. To successfully pass the FBM check, we recommend adding another administrator. It is also important that the admin enabled two-factor authentication.
You are unable to view a private site, therefore it is necessary to create a business account.
- To do so, navigate to the Menu and select Page.
- From there, provide all necessary information in the site creation field, including the country name, category, and a brief site description.
Next, start actively filling your business account.
- Sign in to your FBM.
- Navigate to Accounts > Pages.
- Add your previously created page.
There's a great possibility allowing users to create an unlimited number of pages on Facebook. To pass verification, you must link one or more pages to FBM.
Log in to the account for the Business Manager. Then visit Business Information section. You need to provide information for the necessary documents listed below:
|Documents for filing the company's tax return and state registration are required.|| |
- The name of the Facebook page and your company name. They may differ, but identical names will facilitate faster verification.
- The phone number shall necessarily be associated to a business or individual that is already approved and verified within Business Manager.
- All submitted documents must undergo verification. Ensure that the company name you provided during registration matches the name on the documents. Individuals should double-check the spelling of both their first and last name.
Go to Brand Security > Domains section and carefully follow the instructions provided. After filling it out correctly, you will receive the status Verified.
Place the following information on the home page of the website (most often, such information is placed in the footer):
- Address and postal code
- Company name
- Taxpayer identification number
- Phone number
- The email address in the domain of your website. For example, a website www.chat2desk.com the address must be specified email@example.com.
This information must completely match the data that you provided during registration. Companies often
You should not edit these details during the verification process.
To establish a connection, please locate Settings, in particular Accounts and Channels. Afterwards, select the pen symbol and press Connect.
Instructions on how to fill out the form will be provided after having completed the form. On the form, please provide the required data:
- Email address for account requests.
- Your name.
- The name of your company.
- Password to access your 360dialog personal account.
Check the box indicating your acceptance of the 360dialog Terms of Service and continue by clicking the Accept Terms button.
Important! Be sure to save the login credentials, because any settings or changes are available only after entering the credentials.
After submitting this form, you'll be taken to the Facebook* Business account connection page in your 360dialog account.
- To proceed, select the Continue with Facebook button and log in to your Facebook account. Once you press Continue As it will take you to a short three step process.
- Click on Get Started: a notification will appear, requesting permission for the WhatsApp business account to access your account details and accounts.
- Press Continue.
Step 1 of 3: Choose an account: either already existing or new WhatsApp business account.
Login to your Business Manager account or register a new account.
- If the required information does not exist, you will see a message requesting you to provide the required information. It is:
- phone number;
- actual and postal address;
- postal code;
- time zone.
- When you are finished, click Continue to begin downloading.
Step 2 of 3. Business profile creation on WhatsApp
- In Company Name field, please enter the name of your company in WhatsApp Business and tick the box if the name differs with your official name. After submitting your information, press Continue.
- Choose the category that best fits your company and provide a comprehensive description. Finally, press Go to step 3.
Step 3 of 3. Confirm your WhatsApp Business Number
Select the desired number or create one that does not exist. Clients will now get to see your company number.
After generating the number, ensure that you remove the profile from all other devices.
- Then you need to confirm the registration: by SMS or phone call. After that press Send code.
- Enter the 6-digit code that you received by SMS or phone call in the window that opens, and press Verify. Stand by for a notification that you can communicate with customers through WhatsApp.
- Click OK.
After you send a connection request to the WABA, in the Requests section, you'll see a communication request from the provider. You'll need to accept this request.
Once you have completed all the necessary actions, your number will be automatically connected to Chat2Desk:
- Answer an unlimited number of incoming messages and calls.
- Initiate up to 250 outgoing conversations daily.
- Moreover, one can have two telephone numbers registered for one WABA account.
Important! Confirm the company in Facebook* Business Manager to remove any existing restrictions. Data cannot be changed or restrictions removed without confirmation.
The final stage! The only thing you have to do is the collection of the necessary documents and their submission for approval.
- Prepare documents
Requirements for documentation:
- PDF file.
- Absence of defects (spots, creases).
- Printing: conventional or digital.
For your convenience, we have entered a checklist of documents in the table once again:
|Documents for filing the company's tax return and state registration are required.|| |
Individuals can use the lease agreement as proof of address.
- Visit Security Center and initiate the confirmation process by pressing Start Verification.
- Follow the instructions provided by Facebook, making sure your information is accurate, press Next.
- Load the necessary documents.
- Press Next button again. In the window that opens, load the documents confirming your company's address.
- Press Next button again. Now you need to choose one of the verification methods: company website, mobile phone number, or email.
Upon completion of registration, make sure that you have entered the current email and telephone number, as a confirmation request is sent only to the specified contacts.
If all the fields were filled in correctly, the application will be sent to Facebook* for verification, the process will be fast and without any difficulties.
As soon as your connection to the WABA is established, start actively interacting with customers, this will help avoid blockages and show WhatsApp that you are active and don't need to be deactivated due to inactivity.
Congratulations, now you are ready to use the WhatsApp business API!
Important! The next stage includes creating HSM templates in the 360dialog personal account and then sending them via Chat2Desk. Detailed instructions on how to perform these actions are given here.
When you start a correspondence with clients, a 24-hour window for communication opens. It is essential to remember that sending outgoing messages does not extend the period of time allotted for communication with the client.
The fee may be charged under the following circumstances:
- If you are sending an outgoing message (in the form of an HSM template) to a completely new client with whom you have not had a conversation before. If you send an HSM template as part of a conversation in which 24 hours have passed since the last client message. Until your WABA account is verified, the daily limit of 250 outgoing messages remains in effect.
- Responding to a customer's message results in a charge. However, simply receiving an incoming message from a client remains free.
If you have any questions left after reading this article or you would like to test how a chat center will affect conversion rates, contact us via the widget in the bottom right corner of the website.