How to set up online chat?
In the menu section Settings > Online chat.
How does online chat work?
Online chat is a messenger located on your website. It is free for all Chat2Desk customers.
Online Chat Settings
- Your company's name and logo in an online chat - the name and logo of your company will only appear in an online chat if the option to Display the top hat (chat name and logo) is enabled.
- The option Show operator avatar in chat places an avatar next to each operator message.
- Chat Background - select a built-in picture or chat background template, or upload your own. If you have selected a template, check the checkbox Smooth picture.
- Automatically start a chat with a desktop visitor - open an online chat automatically after a specified number of seconds.
- Delete blank online chats older than 1 day - if this option is enabled, dialogs from online chats where the client hasn't written anything will be deleted after 1 day.
- Fields for the client form - specify here the fields that the client can or should fill in when first contacting online chat. The information entered by the client will be displayed in the client's card. You can create fields in section Settings > General > Fields for customer presentation form.